5.03.2011

Tim Keller & a Table

Hello all! I have just returned from the sunny state of Florida and to say it was wonderful is an understatement. I "had" to go for a women's retreat for work and I had such an amazing time connecting with friends who live all over the Southeast. My soul is refreshed.

While I was at the beach I started to read Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller. I have read a few of his other books, such as The Prodigal God, and I am never ceased to be amazed at how God uses these books to speak straight to my soul. About 3 years ago I started listening to Keller's sermons online. Through listening to him, God has used him to reshape the whole way I view the Bible. For example, here is a clip of one of Keller's sermons that someone has put graphics to:



He is frequently interviewed by news stations, seeing as he lives in NYC and this morning I watched one of his more recent interviews with ABC. So I thought I would share it.



In other news, the husband and I have finally finished a project that we have been working on for a while now. A year ago, the in-laws gave us a kitchen table. I loved the style and the size of it, but I wanted it to be a darker wood. So a few months ago, we got to work on it. First, we sanded the finish off of the table, so the raw wood was exposed. This took longer than we expected, but this was also our first project and we worked on it here and there. When the sanding was finally complete we stained it a dark brown. After that was completed, we put a few coats of polyurethane on it, and if I do say so myself, it looks great! The husband did most of the work, so I feel as though I can brag on him. Here is the finished product:






I love all the imperfections and the rustic look of the table. Now, all I need to do is find some knobs for the drawers on either side! After we completed this project, the husband was ready to start on something else. We love how inexpensive this project was and we now have a new kitchen table for less than $50!

2 comments: