4.28.2011

Prayers, Goodbyes, and Scones

It is hard to even begin to wrap our minds around what some people are dealing with in Alabama and the Southeast tonight. Many people have lost loved ones, homes, and jobs with the devastating tornadoes that swept across our state yesterday. It is a time to pray for those people that were affected and that they would experience God's love through this tragic time.

Today I have been thinking a lot about God's sovereignty and His goodness. The fact that God is totally sovereign over everything, that He is totally and completely good, and that He orchestrated the events of yesterday. But yet, we were not made for a place of death and destruction. I pray that through the events of yesterday, people will come to understand the love of Christ in a new way and that people will be led to the foot of the cross, maybe for the first time. May we pray that lives would be redeemed.

Here in Auburn we were spared from the destruction yesterday. And tonight we were able to enjoy one of my favorite events of the year. Every year we have to say goodbye to a group of people that we have spent hours sharing life with, studying the word with, and praying with. It is always sad to see students graduate and leave, and this year is no different. There are people in this group that have become more than just students we meet with. They have become friends that we have lived life beside and that have blessed our lives more than we can even begin to put into words.

The one below I am going to miss more than I can even know yet! Mallory and I met less than 2 weeks after the husband and I got married about 2 years ago. We were at TCBY after our first weekly meeting of the semester. She came up to me and said, "hey, my name is Mallory, can we have lunch." For the past 2 years, I have had the privilege of getting to live life alongside her. She is an amazing woman that seeks the Lord and desires to glorify Him. It has been amazing to watch her grow and be molded by the Lord, and she has challenged me and helped shape me as well. Years from now when I look back at Auburn, I know that my time with Mallory will be something that stands out as one of my favorite things from my life here in Auburn. I love you Mallory! You will be missed terribly!


I do not think the husband will know what to do when this one below leaves in 2 weeks. Kyle has been one of the husband's favorite guys from the past 2 years. Sometimes I think they are the same person.




And I can't even begin to think about how this one won't be here come August. Elizabeth has been here since I started working at Auburn. The Harwells will be missed terribly, but I can't go there yet. We still have a little time left with them!


I will leave you with a recipe that you need to try, but first you need to buy the cookbook. When the husband and I started a sugar free life, I started experimenting with different ingredients, such as spelt flour, coconut flour, agave nectar, and many other things I had never heard of before. A few weeks ago I purchased this cookbook:


And oh my goodness, go get it now! Talk about amazing recipes! And made with ingredients that aren't terrible for you! This past weekend when my family was in town, I made these:

Raspberry Scones.... and they were super easy! Made with spelt flour, agave nectar, fresh raspberries and a few other ingredients. Seriously, go get this cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment