4.25.2011

Potato Casserole

This weekend, my mom and I prepared an amazing Easter spread, if I do say so myself. Over the past 6 weeks, the husband and I have been on a no sugar diet, but this weekend, that went out the window.

For Christmas, I decided to come up with a twice baked potato casserole, and the husband loved it. So I thought I would make it this weekend for our Easter celebration and share it with you. And just a warning: it is NOT low calorie or sugar free.

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

Serving: 10-12 people

7 potatoes
10 strips of bacon, cooked
1 8 oz sour cream
1 - 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
1/2 - 1 cup milk
salt and pepper
sharp cheddar cheese

Boil potatoes, like you are making mashed potatoes. While the potatoes are boiling, cook your bacon and cut it into little pieces, like bacon bits. When the potatoes are done, drain the water, and add the butter, milk, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Mix it with a hand mixer until creamy. Mix in your bacon pieces. Pour into a baking dish and cover the top with cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted. And then enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment